Rose Of Sharon

Rose Of Sharon
This rose represents Jesus, because He is our Rose of Sharon.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Faith's Checkbook (By: C.H. Spurgeon)


June 28, 2011

                                                                                      One Look from the Lord!

The Lord turned to him and said, "Go in this might of yours, and you shall save Israel from the hand of the Midianites. Have I not sent you?"
                                                                                     ~ Judges 6:14

The Holy Spirit upon us giving us
strength to fight this raging battle!
  "What a look was that which the Lord gave to Gideon! He looked him out of his discouragement into a holy bravery. Lord, look on me this day!
  Jehovah spoke to Gideon, "Go." He must not hesitate. Gideon might have answered, "What, go in all this weakness?" But the Lord said, "Go in this might of yours." The Lord had looked might into him, and he had now nothing to do but to use it and save Israel by smiting the Midianites. Maybe the Lord has more to do by me than I ever dreamed of. If He has looked upon me, He has made me strong.
The Lord at battle with us!
  What a question is that which the Lord puts to me, even as He put it to Gideon! "Have not I sent you?" Yes, Lord, You have sent me and I will go in strength. At Your command I go; and You will conquer."
(By: Charles H. Spurgeon ~ One Minute Devotions)

1 comment:

  1. Lord, I am ready. When You tell me that it is time, I will go! Just knowing that You will give me the strength to go when it is time to go I will be able to go in peace and comfort when I leave out of my Egypt. Without You o Lord, I am nothing, but with You, I can do anything that You ask me to do. When something happens that is not by my hands, I will fall to my knees and let them know that it was not me, but You. Thank You for bringing me out of the darkness that I once lived in, and into the Light. For that I fall to my knees, so that it is You that they see, and not I. Jesus, You be lifted high, not I. Thank You Lord Jesus for giving me the strength and courage to go on with life and live life to the fullest in You. This I pray and receive it in Jesus Christ' precious Name, for all of His people, Amen!

    ReplyDelete