Rose Of Sharon

Rose Of Sharon
This rose represents Jesus, because He is our Rose of Sharon.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Faith's Checkbook (By: C.H. Spurgeon)


June 8, 2011

                                                                        Wisdom for the Asking

If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.
                                                                                          ~ James 1:5

  "If any of you lack wisdom. There is no "if" in the matter, for I am sure I lack it. What do I know? How can I guide my own way? How can I direct others? Lord, I am a mass of folly, and wisdom I have none.
  You say, "Let him ask of God." Lord, I now ask. Here at Your footstool, I ask to be furnished with heavenly wisdom for this day's perplexities and simplicities; for I know I may do very stupid things even in plain matters, unless You keep me out of mischief.
  I have only to pray in faith, and You will give me wisdom! Lord, I thank You for that positive and expressive word, "It will be given him." I believe it. You will guide me with Your counsel, and afterwards, receive me to glory."
(By: Charles H. Spurgeon ~ One Minute Devotions)

1 comment:

  1. Lord, I ask in Your Son's precious Name, believing and receiving the wisdom and knowledge that You have for me, so that I may be able to do Your Will for my life and to do the work that You have for me to do. This I pray in Jesus Christ' precious Name, Amen.

    ReplyDelete