Rose Of Sharon

Rose Of Sharon
This rose represents Jesus, because He is our Rose of Sharon.

Monday, June 27, 2011

Faith's Checkbook (By: C.H. Spurgeon)


June 27, 2011

                                                                                    Thank Him and Dwell Acceptably

Surely the righteous shall give thanks to Your name; the upright shall dwell in Your presence.
                                                                                ~ Psalm 140:13

  "May my heart be upright, and may I always be able to bless the name of the Lord! He is so good to those that are good. Perhaps, for a moment, the righteous are staggered when their integrity results in severe trial; but the day shall come when they shall bless their God that they did not yield to evil or adopt a shifty policy. In the long run, true men will thank God for leading them by a right way.
  What a promise is implied in this second clause, "The upright shall dwell in Your presence!" They shall stand accepted where others appear only to be condemned. They shall be favored ones upon whom Jehovah smiles and with whom He graciously communes.
  Lord, I covet this high honor, this precious privilege. Make me in all things upright, that I may today, and every day, stand in Your heavenly presence."
(By: Charles H. Spurgeon ~ One Minute Devotions)

2 comments:

  1. Lord, I pray that my life won't be so busy that I will be in Your presence daily. I pray that I will have time to praise You in the morning, noontime, and when night falls this I pray in Christ Jesus' precious Name, Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lord, I worship You because of who You are. Because of who You are I give You the glory. Because of who You are I will lift my voice and say, You are Lord of all. Because of who You are, You provide my every need, and for that Lord, I give You all thanks and glory for all things that I have and who I am in You. I love You Lord, Jesus.

    ReplyDelete