Rose Of Sharon

Rose Of Sharon
This rose represents Jesus, because He is our Rose of Sharon.

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Faith's Checkbook (By: C.H. Spurgeon)


June 7, 2011

                                                                             The Safest Place

"I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand."
                                                                                         ~John 10:28

  "We believe in the eternal security of the saint. First, because they are Christ's, and He will never lose the sheep that He has bought with His blood, and received of His Father.
  Next, because He gives them eternal life, and if it be eternal, well then, it is eternal, and there can be no end to hell, heaven, or God. If spiritual life can die out, it is manifestly not eternal life, but temporary life. But the Lord speaks of eternal life, and that effectually shuts out the possibility of an end.
  Observe further that the Lord expressly says, "They shall never perish." As long as words have a meaning, this secures believers from perishing.
  Then, to make the matter complete, He declares that His people are in His hand, and He defies all their enemies to pluck them out of it. We are safe in the Savior's grasp.
  So dismiss carnal fear and rest peacefully in the hollow of the Redeemer's hand."
(By: Charles H. Spurgeon ~ One Minute Devotions)

2 comments:

  1. Lord, I stand on John 3:16 as my sold Rock. I pray that I will have the strength to never walk away from You. Lord, give me the strength to walk away from all the worldly things and be more focused on You, O Lord this I ask in Jesus Christ precious Name, Amen! Lord, I claim Isaiah 53:5 for all of Your children.This I claim in the Name of Jesus Christ my Lord and Savior, Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isaiah 53:5 says: "But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon Him; and with His stripes we are healed.

    ReplyDelete