Rose Of Sharon

Rose Of Sharon
This rose represents Jesus, because He is our Rose of Sharon.

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Faith's Checkbook (By: C.H. Spurgen)

                                 Covenant Reaches Children

"I will establish My covenant between Me and you and your descendants after you in their generations, for an everlasting covenant, to be God to you and your descendants after you."
                                                                                   ~ Genesis 17:7

  "Lord, You have made a covenant with me, Your servant, in Christ Jesus; and now, I implore You, let my children be included in its gracious provisions. Permit me to believe this promise as made to me as well as to Abraham. I know that my children are born in sin; therefore, I ask nothing on the ground of their birth, for well I know that "that which is born of flesh is flesh," (John 3:6) and nothing more. Lord, make them to be born under Your covenant of grace by Your Holy Spirit!
  I pray for my descendants throughout all generations. Be their God as You are mine. My highest honor is that You have permitted me to serve You; may my offspring serve You in all years to come.
  Let not one of those who fear Your name be tried with a godless household." (Charles H. Spurgeon ~ One Minute Devtions)

1 comment:

  1. Lord, just as Charles Spurgeon prayed for his children, I claim that same prayer in Christ Jesus' precious Name I pray and receive it.
    A`men! For any one who needs prayer for their situation, email me @ hashabiah5@gmail.com. I check daily for emails.

    ReplyDelete