Rose Of Sharon

Rose Of Sharon
This rose represents Jesus, because He is our Rose of Sharon.

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Faith's Checkbook (By: C.H. Spurgen)

                               Plentiful Refreshment

     "Their souls shall be like a well-watered garden."
                                                              ~ Jeremiah 31:12

  "Oh, to have one's soul under heavenly cultivation; no longer a wilderness, but a garden of the Lord! Walled around by grace, planted by instruction, visited by love, weeded by heavenly discipline, and guarded by divine power, one's favored soul is prepared to yield fruit unto the Lord.
  But a garden may become parched for want of water, and then it starts to wither. How soon would this be the case, were the Lord to leave us! A garden without water ceases to be a garden at all: nothing can come to perfection, grow or even live.
  But when irrigation is kept up, the result is charming. Oh, to have one's soul watered by the Holy Spirit uniformly, every part of the garden having its own stream. Bringing not only its heat, but its refreshment; each plant receiving just what it needs.
  Lord, water me today, and cause me to yield You a full reward. (By: Charles H. Spurgeon ~ One Minute Devotions)

2 comments:

  1. Lord, let this prayer that my brother Charles has prayed be my prayer to You as well. I ask You not to let the water dry up in my garden. Keep me full of life, and feed me everyday, so that I may be able to serve You dear Lord, and to be able to do Your Will for my life. This I pray in Jesus' precious Name, Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If there is anyone who needs prayer, please feel free to contact me at hashabiah5@gmail.com or you can call me at 269-377-4561 this is my personal cell#. Just say sister Jenny and I'll know that you are one of my sister's or brother's of the faith.God bless everyone one with His total Salvation, and have a good day.

    ReplyDelete