Rose Of Sharon

Rose Of Sharon
This rose represents Jesus, because He is our Rose of Sharon.

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Faith's Checkbook (By: C.H. Spurgen)

                                                             Light in Darkness

         You are my lamp, O Lord; the Lord shall enlighten my darkness.
                                                                                    ~ 2 Samuel 22:29

  "Am I in the light? Then You, Lord, are my lamp. What a light the presence of God casts on all things! Lord, I am as happy as an angel when Your love fills my heart. You are all I desire.
  Am I in the dark? Then You, Lord, will lighten my darkness. Before long things will change. Affairs may grow more and more dreary; but if it grows so dark that I cannot see my own hand, still I shall see the hand of the Lord. When I cannot find a light within me, or among my friends, or in the whole world, the Lord-who said, "Let there be light," and there was light-can say the same again. He will speak me into the sunshine yet. The day is already breaking. This sweet text shines like a morning star. I shall clap my hands for joy before many hours are passed." (Charles H. Spurgeon ~ One Minute Devotions)

1 comment:

  1. Lord, I know that no matter where I am your light will always shine in the darkness that surrounds me. One thing I ask is that You keep my family and I safe from all evil, even if we forget to pray protection over us, in Jesus' Name we pray and receive it. Amen!

    ReplyDelete