Rose Of Sharon

Rose Of Sharon
This rose represents Jesus, because He is our Rose of Sharon.

Monday, January 16, 2012

Faith's Checkbook (By: C.H. Spurgeon)


January 16, 2012

Even the Faintest Call

It shall come to pass that whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.
 ~ Joel 2:32                   
                                                                     


Let go and let
God take over!
He will wipe
every tear from
your eyes, there
will be no more
death, mourning,
crying or pain.
     "Why do I not call on His name? Why do I run to others when God is so near? Why do I devise schemes and plans? Why not at once put my burden upon the Lord? In vain shall I look for deliverance elsewhere; but with God I shall find it.
     I need not ask whether I may call on Him or not, for "Whoever" is a very wide and comprehensive one. Whoever means me, for it means everybody who calls upon God. Therefore at once call upon the glorious Lord who has made so large a promise.
     My case is urgent, and I do not see how I am to be delivered; but this is no business of mine. He who makes the promise will find out ways of keeping it. It is mine to obey His commands; it is not mine to direct His counsel. I call upon Him, and He will deliver me."
(By: Charles H. Spurgeon ~ One Minute devotions)

No comments:

Post a Comment