Rose Of Sharon

Rose Of Sharon
This rose represents Jesus, because He is our Rose of Sharon.

Friday, January 6, 2012

Faith's Checkbook (By: C.H. Spurgeon)

January 1, 2012

The Bible's First Promise

  "I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your seed and her seed; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heel."
 ~ Genesis 3:15


     "This is the first promise to fallen man. It has been in great measure fulfilled. The seed of the woman was bruised; yet how terrible will be the final bruising of the serpent's head! This was virtually done when Jesus took away sin and vanquished death; but it awaits a still fuller accomplishment at our Lord's Second Advent.
     This promise stands as a prophecy that we shall be afflicted by the powers of evil, and thus bruised in our heel: but we shall triumph in Christ, who sets His foot on the serpent's head. This year we may have to learn the first part of this promise through experience, the temptations of the devil, and the unkindness of the ungodly. They may so bruise us that we may limp; but let us grasp the second part of the text. By faith let us rejoice that we shall still reign in Christ Jesus" (By: Charles H. Spurgeon ~ One Minute devotions).

1 comment:

  1. I am truly sorry my Brother's and Sister's of the Faith. It has been a long time since I have posted. I was going through somethings and I kinda shut everything out of my life that had to do with God, not meaning to it just happened. People were returning me emails telling me not to send the post to them anymore. I felt like I was failing God and man because I couldn't reach man's heart. It wasn't until a really good friend, teacher, Pastor, and mom (these are the same person) told me that God didn't say that we had to reach people, but that our job was to just plant the seed and let God do the rest. Thank you for such wonderful advise. God has told me that not everyone is going to receive His seed that was planted. He said that there are going to be alot who reject Him altogether. Just as Satan took 1/3 of my Angels, he will take 1/3 of my children with him on the day of Judgment. Please I erge you to never give up on anything that God has placed in your heart to do, because God would never give you anything that He didn't think you could handle. God bless and may you have a wonderful year in Christ Jesus our Lord and Savior, Amen.

    ReplyDelete