Rose Of Sharon

Rose Of Sharon
This rose represents Jesus, because He is our Rose of Sharon.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Faith's Checkbook (By: C.H. Spurgeon)


January 10, 2012

Divine Reward


He who waters will also be watered himself.
                                                                                                               ~ Proverbs 11:25

Feeding one's soul
with the Word of God.
     "If I carefully consider others, God will consider me and will reward me. This is the Lord's own promise; be it mine to fulfill the condition, and then to expect its fulfillment.
Having fellowship
with one another
feeds the soul.
      I may care about myself; I may watch over my own feelings; and I may lament my own weakness, but it will be far more profitable for me to become unselfish and begin to care for the souls of those around me.
My tank is getting very low; no fresh rain comes to fill it; what shall I do?
Helping the sick and needy.
      I will pull up the plug, and let its contents run out to water the withering plants around me. What do I see? My cistern seems to fill as it flows. A secret spring is at work. While all was stagnant, the fresh spring was sealed; but as my stock flows out to water others, the Lord thinks about me. Hallelujah!
(By: Charles H. Spurgeon ~ One Minute Devotions)

No comments:

Post a Comment