Rose Of Sharon

Rose Of Sharon
This rose represents Jesus, because He is our Rose of Sharon.

Monday, January 9, 2012

Faith's Checkbook (By: C.H. Spurgeon)


January 9, 2012

Gaining by Giving


"The liberal soul shall be made fat."
                                                                                              ~ Proverbs 11:25 KJV  

God's Commandments
     "If I desire to flourish in soul, I must not hoard up my stores but must distribute to the poor. Faith's way of prosperity is gaining by giving. I must try this again and again; and I may expect that as much of prosperity as will be good for me will come to me as a gracious reward for a liberal course of action.
     Of course, I may not be sure of growing rich. I shall be fat, but not too fat. Too great riches might cause me the dyspepsia of worldliness, and perhaps bring on a fatty degeneration of the heart. No, I may well be satisfied and thoroughly content.
Helping the poor and needy
     But there is a mental and spiritual fatness which I would greatly covet, and these come as the result of generous thoughts toward my God, His church, and my fellow men. Let me not stint, lest I starve my heart. Let me be bountiful and liberal, for so shall I be like my Lord. He gave Himself for me: shall I grudge Him anything?"
(By: Charles H. Spurgeon ~ One Minute Devotions)

No comments:

Post a Comment