Rose Of Sharon

Rose Of Sharon
This rose represents Jesus, because He is our Rose of Sharon.

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Faith's Checkbook (By: C.H. Spurgeon)


January 19, 2012

Mouth Confession, Heart Belief


If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
~ Romans 10:9


 Mary weeping at Jesus'
 tomb. He walks up to
 her and says, Mary,
 why are you crying. I
 am not dead, I am
 alive for I have risen
 from the dead.
     "Have I openly confessed my faith in Jesus as the Savior whom God raised from the dead, and have I done it in God's way? Let me honestly answer this question.
     There must also be belief with the heart. Do I sincerely believe in the risen Lord Jesus? Do I trust in Him as my sole hope of salvation? Is this trust from my heart? Let me answer as before God.
     If I can truly claim that I have both confessed Christ and believed in Him, then I am saved. The text does not
say it may be so, but it is clear as the sun in the heavens: "You will be saved."
     I must be saved from the guilt and power of sin. God has said it, "You will be saved." I believe it. I shall be saved. I am saved. Glory be to God forever and ever!"
(By: Charles H. Spurgeon ~ One Minute Devotions)

No comments:

Post a Comment