Rose Of Sharon

Rose Of Sharon
This rose represents Jesus, because He is our Rose of Sharon.

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Faith's Checkbook (By: C.H. Spurgeon)

May 22, 2011

Though I walk in the midst of trouble, You will revive me; You will stretch out Your hand against the wrath of my enemies, and Your right hand will save me.
                                                                                    ~ Psalm 138:7

  "Wretched walking in the midst of trouble. No, blessed walking, since there is a special promise for it. What does my Lord teach me here to say? "You will revive me." I shall have more life, more energy, more faith. Is it not often so that trouble revives us like a breath of cold air?
  How angry are my enemies and especially the archenemy! Shall I stretch forth my hand and fight my foes? There is no need, for my God will use His far-reaching arm, and He will deal with them far better than I could. He will with His own right hand of power and wisdom save me, and what more can I desire?
  Come, my heart, talk this promise over until it becomes a song of confidence, the solace of your holiness. Pray to be revived and leave the rest with the Lord, who performs all things for you."
(By: Charles H. Spurgeon ~ One Minute Devotions)

1 comment:

  1. LORD JESUS, PLEASE REVIVE ME, AND GIVE ME STRENGTH AND REST. REACH OUT YOUR RIGHT ARM AND SAVE ME FROM MY ENEMIES. KEEP ME SAFE UNDER YOUR WING AND GUIDE ME TO YOUR SAFE HAVEN, WHICH YOU GUARD FOR ALL YOUR CHILDREN. THIS I ASK IN JESUS CHRIST' PRECIOUS NAME, AMEN.

    ReplyDelete