Rose Of Sharon

Rose Of Sharon
This rose represents Jesus, because He is our Rose of Sharon.

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Faith's Checkbook (By: C.H. Spurgeon)


May 15, 2011

                                                                            God's High Places

           "I will set him on high, because he has known My name."
                                                                                   ~ Psalm 91:14

  "Does the Lord say this to me? Yes, if I have know His name. Blessed be the Lord, I am no stranger to Him. I have tried Him, and proved Him, and known Him; and therefore, do I trust Him. I know His name as a sin-hating God, for He will never wink at evil. But I also know Him as the sin-pardoning God, for He has forgiven me all trespasses. His name is faithfulness, and I know it, for He has never forsaken me.
  This knowledge is a gift of grace, and the Lord makes it to be the reason why He grants another grace gift - namely, setting on high. This is grace upon grace. Observe that if we climb on high, the position may be dangerous; but if the Lord sets us there, it is safe. When God sets us on high, Satan himself cannot pull us down."
(By: Charles H. Spurgeon ~ One Minute Devotions)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Lord, for allowing me to know You and Your precious name. Thank you for keeping me safe in a high place so that Satan, and his evil horde come seeking to find me he will not be able to reach me because of Your precious grace. May all honor and glory be given unto You Lord Jesus, our Lord and Saviour. This we Pray in Jesus Christ' precious name, Amen.

    ReplyDelete