Rose Of Sharon

Rose Of Sharon
This rose represents Jesus, because He is our Rose of Sharon.

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Faith's Checkbook (By: C.H. Spurgeon)

May 12, 2011

                                                                         Servants Honored

Whoever keeps the fig tree will eat its fruit; so he who waits on his master will be honored.
                                                                          ~ Proverbs 27:18

  "He who tends the fig tree has figs for his pains, and he who waits on a good master has honor as his reward. To serve the Lord is to keep a fig tree of the sweetest figs. His service is in itself delight, continuance in it is promotion, success in it is blessedness below, and the reward for it is glory above.
  Angels, who are now our servitors, will bear us home when our day's work is done. Heaven, where Jesus is, will be our honorable mansion; eternal bliss, our honorable portion, and the Lord Himself, our honorable companion. Who can imagine the full meaning of this promise, "He who waits on his master will be honored"?
  Lord, help me to wait upon You. Let me leave all idea of honor to the hour when You Yourself will honor me. May Your Holy Spirit make me a lowly patient worker and waiter!"
(By:Charles H. Spurgeon ~ One Minute Devotions)

1 comment:

  1. Lord, help us to wait upon You.Help us not to be inpatient. Help us to be good servants to the good master. You oh, Lord, are my one and only True Master. Yes I have one at home that I have to patiently wait upon, but my heart lies with You. Please help me to be patient with my family when they become so demanding, where I just want to walk away, but I know that there is no reward in that if I were to just give up. Try my heart oh Lord, and see that I am worthy of Your reward. This we Pray in Jesus Christ' precious name, Amen.

    ReplyDelete