Rose Of Sharon

Rose Of Sharon
This rose represents Jesus, because He is our Rose of Sharon.

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Faith's Checkbook (By: C.H. Spurgeon)


May 31, 2011

                                                                          Be of Good Cheer

"In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world."
                                                                                       ~ John 16:33

Jesus preaching the Word of God
in the Temple of the Lord.
  "My Lord's words are true; I have my share of tribulation beyond all doubt. How can I look to be at home in the enemy's country, joyful while in exile, or comfortable in a wilderness? This is not my rest. This is the place of the furnace, the forge, and the hammer.
  He bids me "be of good cheer." Yet I am too easily downcast. My spirit sinks when I am sorely tried. But I must not give way to this feeling. when my Lord bids me cheer up, I must not declare to be cast down.
Jesus ascending into heaven,
proving to the whole world
that He conquered sin & death.
  What is the argument that He uses to encourage me? His own victory! He says, "I have overcome the world." His battle was much more severe than mine. Why do I despair of overcoming? The enemy has been overcome. I fight with a beaten foe. Therefore, I am of good cheer and sing unto my conquering Lord."
(By: Charles H. Spurgeon ~ One Minute Devotions)



1 comment:

  1. Lord, please help us overcome the tribulation that we have to go through while we are here on earth. Help us to have good cheer, and to have courage to be able to overcome this battle that we may be going through, whatever the battle is, whether it may be cancer, or heart disease, P.A.D., diabetes, or a brain anerism. Lord we ask that you will lay Your healing hands upon our bodies and heal us, this we ask in Your Son, Jesus Christ' precious name, Amen.

    ReplyDelete