Rose Of Sharon

Rose Of Sharon
This rose represents Jesus, because He is our Rose of Sharon.

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Faith's Checkbook (By: C.H. Spurgeon)


May 13, 2011

                                                                              Day Is at Hand

                                     "I will give him the morning star."
                                                                        ~ Revelation 2:28

  "Until the daybreak and the shadows flee away, what a blessing it is to see in Jesus "the morning star!"
  It is best to see Jesus as the sun; but when we cannot do so, the next best thing is to see Him as the star that prophesies the day and shows that eternal light is near. If I am not today all that I hope to be, Yet I see Jesus, that assures me that I shall one day be like Him. If I have not at this hour all the joy I could desire, yet I shall have it; for as surely as I see the morning star I shall see the day. The morning star is never far from the sun.
  Do you hold fast that truth, grace, hope, and love that the Lord has given you? Then in this, you have the dawn of coming glory."
(By: Charles H. Spurgeon ~ One Minute Devotions)

2 comments:

  1. Lord, Help us to open our spiritual eyes so that we may see the morning star. Help us to see Your glorious light that shine down on us to keep us protected and warm. Teach us how to love one another again, because we as a nation have forgotten how to love our brothren and our neighbor. remind us that it is our responsibility to teach the reborne the truth and teach them the right way to live their lives. Thank you Lord, for teaching us how to be patient, and to love one another. This we pray in Jesus Christ' precious name, Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this wonderful excerpt from one of my most favorite and cherished devotional books! My grandmother gave me this book 14 years ago when my sister suddenly passed away. . . and it's fallen apart. I have it in three sections instead of one book. :) But it is so full of God's precious promises that we can take to the Bank of Faith and cash in every single time! No worries that these "checks" will bounce! God is faithful!

    ReplyDelete