Rose Of Sharon

Rose Of Sharon
This rose represents Jesus, because He is our Rose of Sharon.

Monday, September 27, 2010

Faith's Checkbook (By: C.H. Spurgeon)

                                                                The Divine Light in Darkness

                                                   You will light my lamp.     
                                                                                       ~ Psalm 18:28

  "It may be that my soul sits in darkness; if this be of a spiritual kind, no human power can bring me light. But God can enlighten my darkness, and at once light my candle. Even though I may be surrounded by a darkness that can be felt, He can break the gloom and make it bright around me.
  The mercy is that if He lights the candle, none can blow it out; neither will it go out for lack of substance nor burn out of itself after many hours. The lights that the Lord kindled in the beginning are shining still.
  Let me then, like the nightingale, sing in the dark. Expectation shall furnish me with music, and hope shall pitch the tune. Whatever has made my darkness now; God will bring the light. My eyes are unto Him alone. I shall soon have the candles of the Lord shining about me. Hallelujah!" (By: Charles H. Spurgeon ~ One Minute Devotions)

1 comment:

  1. Thank You Lord, for being my light in this dark and despair world that I live in. I will follow you all the days of my life and You alone.Thank You Lord, for lighting my candlestick so that I might be able to light my way out from the darkness, and if I still have a darkness that surrounds me I know that You alone, will only be able to bring me light in the darkness if it is of spiritual darkness. Thank You Lord for everything that You have provided me and my family, and that of which You have for me and my family still to come. This we claim it and receive it in Christ Jesus' Precious Name, Amen!

    ReplyDelete