Rose Of Sharon

Rose Of Sharon
This rose represents Jesus, because He is our Rose of Sharon.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Faith's Checkbook (By: C.H. Spurgeon)

                                                                Broad Rivers without Galley

There the majestic Lord will be for us a place of broad rivers and streams, in which no galley with oars will sail, nor majestic ships pass by.
                                                                                        ~ Isaiah 33:21

  "The Lord will bring to us the greatest good without any of the drawbacks. If a city is favored with broad rivers, it is liable to be attacked by other ships of war. But when the Lord represents the abundance of His bounty, He takes care to shut out fear.
  Lord, if You  send me wealth, do not let the galley with oars come up in the shape of worldliness or pride. If I have success in holy service, let me never find the galley of self-conceit and self-confidence floating on the waves of my usefulness. Should I be so supremely happy as to enjoy the light of Your countenance year after year, let me never despise Your feeble saints or allow the vain notion of my own perfection to sail up the broad rivers of my full assurance. Lord, give me that blessing which makes rich without adding sorrow or sin." (By: Charles H. Spurgeon ~ One Minute Devotions)

1 comment:

  1. Lord, let this passage above be my prayer for You today. I also pray for all who is in pain, hurting physically or emotionally or spiritually or financially,for the lost souls,for the homeless, for the hungry, for the poor and needy, for the sick and the dying, for all four corners of the earth of the nations,this I pray in Christ Jesus' Precious Name, Amen!

    ReplyDelete