Rose Of Sharon

Rose Of Sharon
This rose represents Jesus, because He is our Rose of Sharon.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Faith's Checkbook (By: C.H. Spurgeon)

                                                                  Mark of Divine Approval
Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him.
                                                                                           ~ James 1:1

  "Yes, he is blessed while he is enduring the trial. No eye can see this till he has been anointed with heavenly eye salve. But he must endure it, without rebelling against God, or turning aside from his integrity. He is blessed who has gone through the fire and has not been consumed.
  When the test is over, then comes the hallmark of divine approval, "the crown of life." Life is the reward: not mere being, but holy, happy, true existence - the realization of the divine purpose concerning us.
  The Lord has promised the crown of life to those who love Him. Only lovers of the Lord will hold out in the hour of trial; the rest will either sink or sulk, or slink back to the world. Do you love the Lord? Truly? Deeply? Wholly? Then that love will be tried, but many waters will not quench it, neither will the floods drown it." (By: Charles H. Spurgeon ~ One Minute Devotions)

1 comment:

  1. Lord, I pray You, that when the hour of my trial comes that I will be ready for it. That I will be able to pass through the fire without ceasing to even exist.I know that I would not still be alive today if it were not for You; I know that You have a purpose for me here on this earth and that I will have to go through many trials before I get where You want me to be, but I pray that I will be able to have the strength to be able to get through those trials that either You or Satan will put me through. This is I pray in Jesus' Precious Name,Amen!

    ReplyDelete