Rose Of Sharon

Rose Of Sharon
This rose represents Jesus, because He is our Rose of Sharon.

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Faith's Checkbook (By: C.H. Spurgeon)

                                                                     The Reason for Singing

The Lord your God in your midst,the Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.
                                                                                    ~ Zephaniah 3:17

  "What a word is this! Jehovah God in the center of His people, in all the majesty of His power! This presence alone suffices to inspire us with peace and hope.
  We not only have His presence, but He is engaged upon His choice work of salvation. "He will save." Let us not fear any danger for He is mighty to save.
  Nor is this all. He abides evermore the same; He loves, He finds rest in loving, and He will not cease to love. His love gives Him joy. He even finds a theme for song in His beloved. This is exceedingly wonderful. Jehovah Jesus sings a marriage song over His chosen bride. She is to Him His love, His joy, His rest, His song. O Lord Jesus, by Your immeasurable love to us, teach us to love You, to rejoice in You, and to sing unto You, our Life-psalm." (By: Charles H. Spurgeon ~ One Minute Devotions)

1 comment:

  1. Lord, let this be my prayer to You today, that You will teach me how to love You unconditionally like You have loved me. Teach me how to serve You like You serve us. Teach me how to be a better person in You. Send me a helper to guide me down this path that You are taking me through.This I ask in Jesus Christ Precious Name, Amen!

    ReplyDelete