Rose Of Sharon

Rose Of Sharon
This rose represents Jesus, because He is our Rose of Sharon.

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Faith's Checkbook (By: C.H. Spurgeon)

                                                                                 Let Trials Bless

                                         Knowing that tribulation worketh patience.
                                                                                         ~ Romans 5:3

  "This is a promise in essence; we have need of patience, and here we see the way of getting it. It is only by enduring that we learn to endure. You could not learn patience without trouble. Is it not worthwhile to suffer tribulation for the sake of gaining a mind that quietly acquiesces the will of God?
  Tribulation in itself works petulance, unbelief, and rebellion. It is only by the sacred alchemy of grace that it is made to work in us patience. We do not thresh the wheat to lay the dust: yet the flail of tribulation does this upon God's floor.
  Oh, for grace to let my trials bless me! Why should I wish to halt their  gracious operation? Lord, I ask You to remove my affliction, but I beseech You ten times more to remove my impatience. Precious Jesus, with Your cross engrave the image of Your patience on my heart." (By: Charles H. Spurgeon ~ One Minute Devotions)

1 comment:

  1. Lord, forgive me of all my sins that I have committed over last 24 hours, against You and man. Lord, give me patience to deal with the trials that I go through daily.Help me get through this thing with my dad.This I ask in Christ Jesus' precious Name, Amen!

    ReplyDelete