Rose Of Sharon

Rose Of Sharon
This rose represents Jesus, because He is our Rose of Sharon.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Faith's Checkbook (By: C.H. Spurgeon)

April 27, 2011

                                                               God Finishes His Work

                        The Lord will perfect that which concerns me.
                                                                                   ~ Psalm 138:8

  "He who has begun will carry on the work that is being wrought within me. What is now good, but not perfect, the Lord will watch over, preserve, and carry out to completion. This is a great comfort, for I fail daily, and have only held on because the Lord has helped me.
  The Lord will continue to bless me. He will perfect my faith, my love, my character, my life's work. He will do this because He has begun a work in me. He never leaves a work unfinished; this would not be for His glory, nor would it be like Him. He knows how to accomplish His gracious design. Though my own evil nature, the world, and the devil all conspire to hinder Him, I do not doubt His promise. He will fulfill His purpose for me. Lord, let Your gracious work make some advance this day!"
(By:Charles H. Spurgeon ~ One Minute Devotions)

1 comment:

  1. LORD, I ASK THIS MORNING THAT YOU WILL INSTILL IN US THE WILL POWER TO CONTINUE ON WITH YOUR WORK THAT YOU HAVE FOR US TO DO, WHEN WE FEEL LIKE GIVING UP BECAUSE SATAN AND HIS CHILDREN HAVE MADE US FEEL LIKE WE HAVE FAILED, WHEN IN FACT WE KNOW IN OUR HEARTS THAT EVERYTHING IS NOT BASED ON OUR TIME, BUT THINGS HAPPEN IN YOUR TIME, WHICH IS THE RIGHT TIME. WE THANK YOU, FATHER FOR BEING OUR GUIDE AND HELPING HAND IN THE WORK THAT YOU HAVE STARTED IN US. THIS WE PRAY AND RECEIVE IT IN JESUS CHRIST' PRECIOUS NAME, AMEN.

    ReplyDelete