Rose Of Sharon

Rose Of Sharon
This rose represents Jesus, because He is our Rose of Sharon.

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Faith's Checkbook (By: C.H. Spurgeon)

April 2, 2011
                                                      True Heart Energy

Meditate on these things; give yourself entirely to them, that your progress may be evident to all.
                                                       ~ 1 Timothy 4:15

JUST AS JESUS DEDICATED HIS LIFE TO SERVING
EVERYONE, NO MATTER SICK, POOR, RICH, OR
HEALTHY. BUT MOST OF ALL HE MADE SURE
THAT THOSE WHO WERE HUNGRY, HE FED THEM
AND THOSE WHO WERE SICK HE HEALED THEM,
AND THOSE WHO HAD DIED, AND RAISED
THEM UP FROM THE DEAD.  WE ARE TO
DEDICATE OUR SERVICES TO POOR, SICK,
AND THE DYING, JUST AS JESUS CHRIST DID.
  "this is a promise that, by diligent meditation and the giving up of our whole mind to our work for the Lord, we shall make a progress which all can see. Not by hasty reading, but by deep meditation, we profit by the Word of God. Not by doing a great deal of work in a slovenly manner, but by giving our best thought to what we attempt, we shall get real profit. "In all labor there is profit" (Prov. 14:23), but not in fuss and hurry, without true heart energy.
  Am I a minister? Let me be a minister wholly, and not spend my energies upon secondary concerns. Am I a Christian? Let me make my service of Jesus my occupation, my life's work, my one pursuit. We must be in-and-in with Jesus, and then out-and-out for Jesus, or else we shall make neither progress not profit."
(By: Charles H. Spurgeon ~ One Minute Devotions)

2 comments:

  1. ABBA FATHER, THROUGH THE SPIRIT, I CALL UPON YOU. PLEASE FULFILL IN ME THE CHARACTER YOU POSSESS. I WANT TO EXHIBIT THE QUALITIES OF YOUR CHILD, JESUS, THROUGH WHOM I PRAY, AMEN.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FATHER IN HEAVEN, I PRAISE YOU FOR THE OPPORTUNITY TO STUDY YOUR WORD AND LEARN ABOUT SPIRITUAL WARFARE. PLEASE OPEN MY MIND TO THE TRUTH AND HELP ME TO CONCENTRATE ON WHAT YOU WANT TO TEACH ME. IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST, I BIND ANY EVIL SPIRITS FROM INTERFERING WITH STUDY TIME TODAY. I COMMAND THEM TO LEAVE ME NOW AND GO TO JESUS. I LOOSE THE PEACE OF GOD IN MY MIND AND MY BODY RIGHT NOW. LORD, PLEASE SEND YOUR HOLY ANGELS TO PROTECT ME AND MINISTER TO ME AS I STUDY TODAY. THANK YOU, FATHER! IN JESUS' PRECIOUS NAME, I PRAY, AMEN.

    ReplyDelete