Rose Of Sharon

Rose Of Sharon
This rose represents Jesus, because He is our Rose of Sharon.

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Faith's Checkbook (By: C.H. Spurgeon)

April 17, 2011
                                                    Enemies at Peace

When a man's ways please the Lord, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him.
                                                      ~ Proverbs 16:7

I MUST PRAY FOR MY
CHILDREN AND GOD'S
CHILDREN DAILY. AND
FOR THE ANGELS WHO
WATCH OVER US AND
WHO KEEP US SAFE.
  "I must see that my  ways please the Lord, then the Lord will make the wrath of man abate so that it shall not distress me.
WE MUST FEED THE HUNGRY
JUST AS JESUS CHRIST DID.
  He can constrain an enemy from harming me even though he has a mind to do so; as with Laban, who pursued Jacob, but did not dare to touch him. He can subdue an enemy's wrath and make him friendly, as He did with Esau, who met Jacob in a brotherly manner, though Jacob had dreaded that he would smite him. He can convert an adversary into a brother of Christ, as He did with Saul of Tarsus.
WE ARE TEACH OTHERS
ABOUT THE GOSPELS, ABOUT
HOW JESUS DIED FOR OUR SINS
SO THAT WE WOULD LIVE
FOREVER WITH HIM.
  Happy is the man whose enemies are made to be to him what the lions were to Daniel in the den, quiet and companionable! When I meet death, the last enemy, I pray that I may be at peace. Only let my great care be to please the Lord in all things."
(By: Charles H. Spurgeon ~ One Minute Devotions)

 

1 comment:

  1. FATHER IN HEAVEN, I GIVE YOU PRAISE FOR THE OPPORTUNITY TO STUDY YOUR WORD AND LEARN ABOUT SPIRITUAL WARFARE. FATHER, PLEASE OPEN MY MIND TO YOUR TRUTH AND HELP ME TO CONCENTRATE ON WHAT YOU WANT ME TO LEARN FROM YOU. IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST, THE LORD REBUKE AND BIND ANY EVIL SPIRITS FROM INTERFERING WITH MY STUDY TIME TODAY. IN JESUS CHRIST NAME, I COMMAND THESE SPIRITS TO LEAVE MY PRESENCE RIGHT NOW, AND TO GO TO JESUS FOR TO WAIT OUT THEIR JUDGMENT. I LOOSE HIS PEACE, HIS KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING, AND HIS WISDOM INTO MY MIND AND BODY RIGHT NOW. LORD, PLEASE SEND YOUR HOLY ANGELS TO PROTECT ME AND MINISTER TO ME AS I STUDY YOUR WORD TODAY. THANK YOU, FATHER FOR GIVING ME THIS TIME WITH YOU THIS MORNING. IN JESUS' PRECIOUS NAME, I PRAY, AMEN.

    ReplyDelete