Rose Of Sharon

Rose Of Sharon
This rose represents Jesus, because He is our Rose of Sharon.

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Faith's Checkbook (By: C.H. Spurgeon)


September 8, 2011

Broken and Smoking

A bruised reed He will not break, and smoking flax He will not quench.
~ Isaiah 42:3

  "Then I may reckon upon tender treatment from my Lord. Indeed, I feel myself to be at best as weak, as pliant, as worthless as a reed. Alas! I am worse than a reed when it grows by the river, for that at least can hold up its head. I am bruised; sorely, sadly bruised. There is no music in me now. Yet Jesus will not break me; and if He will not, then I mind little what others try to do. Compassionate Lord, I nestle down beneath Your protection and forget my bruises!
    A smoking flax He
    will not quench.
  Truly I am also fit to be likened to the "smoking flax," whose light is gone, and only its smoke remains. I fear I am rather a nuisance than a benefit. Yet Jesus will not quench me; therefore, I am hopeful. Lord, kindle me anew and cause me to shine forth to Your glory, and to the extolling of Your tenderness."
(By: Charles H. Spurgeon ~ One Minute Devotions)

No comments:

Post a Comment