Rose Of Sharon

Rose Of Sharon
This rose represents Jesus, because He is our Rose of Sharon.

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Faith's Checkbook (By: C.H. Spurgeon)

July 16, 2011

A Word to the Lame

"I will save the lame."
                                                                     ~ Zephaniah 3:19

  "There are plenty of people who are lame in their spirit. They are on the right road, and exceedingly anxious to run in it with diligence; but they are lame and make a sorry walk of it. One the heavenly road there are many cripples. The Lord can never make good soldiers of people like this. Yet, He will save us. In saving us, He will greatly glorify Himself. Everybody will ask how came this lame person to run the race and win the crown? And then praise will all be given to the Almighty.
  Lord, though I halt in faith, in prayer, in praise, in service, and in patience, save me! Lord, gather up by Your grace the slowest of Your pilgrims, even me. He has said that it shall be so. Therefore, like Jacob, prevailing in prayer, I go forward though my sinew be shrunk."
(By: Charles H. Spurgeon ~ One Minute Devotions)

2 comments:

  1. Lord, save me from my iniquities and my transgressions, for You are the Son of Man, which bore 39 lashes for my sins,iniquities, and my transgressions. You died, went into hell and overcame sin and death. You raised from death in three days time and now sit at the Right hand of God the Father who is in Heaven. You are the only One who is even worthy to open The Seven Seals, no one else can do this. You are Lord, Comforter, Redeemer, Savior, Husband, Brother, Friend, Teacher, Protector of all, and King of kings. You are my All, my Everything. I know by Faith I am healed and saved. Thank You Lord Jesus for paying the ultimate sacrifice so that I may live with you and have Eternal Life. This I pray and receive it in Christ Jesus' Precious Name, Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thankful Jesus loves those nobody else loves...the weak, the lame, the poor, the afflicted. Without Him, I'd have no hope.
    Thank you for posting the love and hope of Jesus.
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete