Rose Of Sharon

Rose Of Sharon
This rose represents Jesus, because He is our Rose of Sharon.

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Faith's Checkbook (By: C.H. Spurgeon)


July 3, 2011

                                                                                            A Guide All the Way

                                                                            He will be our guide even to death.
                                                                                  ~ Psalm 48:14

Through life He
guides us.
  "We need a guide. Often we are willing to do right, but we do not know which road to follow.
  The Lord promises to serve as our guide. He knows the way and will pilot us till we reach our journey's end. Surely we do not desire more infallible direction. Let us place ourselves absolutely under His guidance and we shall not miss the right road of life, provided we lean upon Him every step we take.
Through death He guides us.
  Our comfort is that, as He is our God forever, He will never cease to be with us as our guide. "Even to death" will He lead us. This promise of divine guidance involves lifelong security: salvation at once, guidance unto our last hour, and then endless blessedness. This day let us look up for guidance before we trust ourselves out of doors."
(By: Charles H. Spurgeon ~ One Minute Devotions)

2 comments:

  1. Lord, thank You for being my guide through life, and through to death. Thank You for showing me the right way to live my life. Thank You for bringing a very special woman into my life, she is my best friend, my mother, my teacher, and my Pastor. Thank You for bringing her home to me. She is my strength when I just want to give up, You tell her what to say to me when I am not listen to You. You show her what needs to be done and when to do it. So thank You my Higher Tower for watching out for me, when I went astray for a time. It is so easy to just forget and walk away at times, sometimes I don't even realize I am doing it. The world has it's ways to suck people in and get them to do things that are against everything that they believe in. So Lord, I am asking that You will rebuke, bind, and cast down all the world things that Satan has to throw into our faces so that we will be put back into bondage. Lord, You free us from bondage everytime we sincerely repent ask for forgiveness, and everytime You turn around, we are falling to our fleshly desires, when we should be focused on You and Your Word. This I pray in Christ Jesus' Precious Name, Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lord, we say a special prayer today for all the people in the world, that they may receive Your total Salvation, and turn from their ugly ways and pick up their crosses and follow after You, Lord Jesus. Lord, I ask this day that You will protect all of Your people and protect all the little children who are in bondage because of their parents. We ask that You will keep everyone safe this holiday weekend because there are a lot of people who do some really stupid things that cause people to get hurt, especially the children, they are the one's who usually pay for the adults mistakes. This we pray and receive it this day, in Christ Jesus' Precious Name, Amen.

    ReplyDelete