Rose Of Sharon

Rose Of Sharon
This rose represents Jesus, because He is our Rose of Sharon.

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Faith's Checkbook (By: C.H. Spurgeon)


June 30, 2011

                                                                                              Back, Then Forward

"Nevertheless I will remember My covenant with you in the days of your youth, and I will establish an everlasting covenant with you."
                                                                                   ~ Ezekiel 16:60

  "Notwithstanding our sins, the Lord is still faithful in His love to us.
  He looks back. See how He remembers those  early days of ours when He took us into covenant with Himself, and we gave ourselves over to Him. He rather looks to His covenant with us than to our covenant with Him. How gracious is the Lord to look back in love!
  He looks forward also. He is resolved that the covenant shall not fail. If we do not stand to it, He does. He solemnly declares, "I will establish an everlasting covenant with you." He has no mind to draw back from His promises. Blessed be His name! He rests in His covenant engagements. "He remains faithful; He cannot deny Himself" (2 Tim. 2:13).
  O Lord, lay this precious word upon my heart, and help me to feed upon it all this day!"
(By: Charles H. Spurgeon ~ One Minute Devotions)

1 comment:

  1. Lord, thank You for giving us the Mercy Seat, even though we are not worthy of entering into Your Throne Room.Thank You for keeping the Covenant that You have made with Your Father's children, when sometimes we forget and stray away because we allow our flesh to overtake us and then we fall to sinful ways. Lord Jesus, overflood our hearts with Your Father's Precious Words, so that we will not stray away to sin. I have found that when I stay in Your Precious Word day and night I fall less and less each day to sin and it's fleshly ways. Lord, I am ready to be taken out of this wilderness that I have been trapped in for years. I want the things that You have for me and my household that is under Your protection through our prayers. This I pray in Christ Jesus' Precious Name, Amen!

    ReplyDelete