Rose Of Sharon

Rose Of Sharon
This rose represents Jesus, because He is our Rose of Sharon.

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Faith's Checkbook (By: C.H. Spurgeon)

January 9, 2011
                                  Gaining by Giving

                       "The liberal soul shall be made fat."
                                                ~ Proverbs 11:25 KJV

  "If I desire to flourish in soul, I must not hoard up my stores but must distribute to the poor. Faith's way of prosperity is gaining by giving. I must try this again and again; and I may expect that as much of prosperity as will be good for me will come to me as a gracious reward for a liberal course of action.
  Of course, I may not be sure of growing rich. I shall be fat, but not too fat. Too great riches might cause me the dyspepsia of worldliness, and perhaps bring on a fatty degeneration of the heart. No, I may well be satisfied and thoroughly content.
  But there is a mental and spiritual fatness which I would greatly covet, and these come as the result of generous thoughts toward my God, His church, and my fellow men. Let me not stint, lest I starve my heart. Let me be bountiful and liberal, for so shall I be like my Lord. He gave Himself for me:shall I grudge Him anything?" (By: Charles H. Spurgeon ~ One Minute Devotions)

1 comment:

  1. PLEASE PRAY THIS PRAYER WIHT ME THIS MORNING. OUR FATHER WHO ART IN HEAVEN, HALLOWED BE THY NAME. THY KINGDOM COME, THY WILL BE DONE ON EARTH, AS IT IS IN HEAVEN. GIVE US THIS DAY OUR DAILY BREAD. FORGIVE US OF ALL OUR SINS, OUR DEBTS, AND OUR TRESPASSES AGAINST YOU AND MAN, AS WE FORGIVE THOSE WHO ARE INDEBTED TO US, AND THOSE WHO HAVE TRESPASSED AGAINST US. AND LEAD US NOT INTO TEMPTATION, BUT DELIVER US FROM ALL EVIL:FOR THNE IS THE KINGDOM, AND THE POWER, AND THE HONOR, AND THE GLORY, FOREVER. IT IS IN CHRIST JESUS' PRECIOUS NAME, AMEN!

    ReplyDelete