Rose Of Sharon

Rose Of Sharon
This rose represents Jesus, because He is our Rose of Sharon.

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Faith's Checkbook (By: C.H. Spurgeon)

January 16, 2011
                                          Even the Faintest Call

It shall come to pass that whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.
                                                                ~ Joel 2:32

  "Why do I not call on His name? Why do I run to others when God is so near? Why do I devise schemes and plans? Why not at once put my burden upon the Lord? In vain shall I look for deliverance elsewhere; but with God I shall find it.
  I need not ask whether I may call on Him or not, for "whoever" is a very wide and comprehensive one. Whoever means me, for it means everybody who calls upon God. Therefore at once call upon the glorious Lord who has made so large a promise.
  My case is urgent, and I do not see how I am to be delivered; but this is no business of mine. He who makes the promise will find out ways of keeping it. It is mine to obey His commands; it is not mine to direct His counsel. I call upon Him, and He will deliver me." (By: Charles H. Spurgeon ~ One Minute Devotions)

1 comment:

  1. PLEASE PRAY THIS PRAYER WITH ME THIS MORNING. OUR FATHER WHO ART IN HEAVEN, HALLOWED BE THY NAME. THY KINGDOM COME THY WILL BE DONE ON EARTH, AS IT IS IN HEAVEN. GIVE US THIS DAY OUR DAILY BREAD. FORGIVE US OF ALL OUR SINS, OUR DEBTS, AND OUR TRESPASSES AGAINST YOU AND MAN, AS WE FORGIVE THOSE WHO ARE IN DEBTED TO US, AND THOSE WHO HAVE TRESPASSED AGAINST US. AND LEAD US NOT INTO TEMPTATION, BUT DELIVER US FROM ALL EVIL:FOR THINE IS THE KINGDOM, AND THE POWER, AND THE HONOR, AND THE GLORY, FOREVER. IT IS IN CHRIST JESUS' PRECIOUS NAME, AMEN!

    ReplyDelete