Rose Of Sharon

Rose Of Sharon
This rose represents Jesus, because He is our Rose of Sharon.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Faith's Checkbook (By: C.H. Spurgen)


More Than Mere Words


"I will give you the sure mercies of David."

~ Acts 13:34


"Nothing of man is sure, but everthing of God is so. Especially His covenant mercies.

The Lord does not speak mere words: there is substance and truth in every one of His promises. We are sure that the Lord will bestow promised mercies on all His covenanted ones. They shall come in due course to all the chosen of the Lord, from the least of them unto the greatest of them.

We are sure that the Lord will continue His mercies to His own people. He does not give and take. That which we have not yet received is as sure as that which has already come; therefore, let us wait before the Lord and be still. There is no justifiable reason for the least doubt. God's love, and word, and faithfulness are sure. Many things are questionable, but of the Lord we sing:

"For His mercies shall endure Ever faithful, ever sure."" (By: Charles H. Spurgeon ~ One Minute Devotions)

1 comment:

  1. I just love this passage, because it is very true for me. The Lord spared my life several times when I should have died. Never new why God had spared my life until one day I was ready a book about God's love and mercy. When I was four years old I was in a sevre car accident, a drunk driver hit us going 80mh in a 25mh zone. I should have died that day, but thank the good Lord He spared me for one good reason, to spread His Word to the nations as much as I could.

    ReplyDelete