Rose Of Sharon

Rose Of Sharon
This rose represents Jesus, because He is our Rose of Sharon.

Monday, March 5, 2012

Faith's Checkbook (By: C.H. Spurgeon)

March 4, 2012

Honor God

"Those who honor Me I will Honor."
                                                                                                                  ~ 1 Samuel 2:30


     "Do I make the honor of God the great object of my life and the rule of my conduct? If so,He will honor me. I may not receive honor from man, but God will Himself put honor upon me.
     Eli did not honor the Lord by ruling his household well, and his sons had not honored the Lord by their behavior. Therefore the Lord did not honor them, but took the high priesthood out of their family and made young Samuel to be ruler instead of any of their line. 
     If I would have my family ennobled, I must honor the Lord in all things. God may allow the wicked to win worldly honors, but the dignity, glory and honor which He Himself gives, He reserves for those who take care to honor Him.
     Let me think what I can do this day o honor he Lord, since He will honor me."
(By: Charles H. Spurgeon ~ One Minute Devotions)

No comments:

Post a Comment